Reduce stomach acid with Simple tips. Stomach acid is very important for digestion but it should not become very high, says a food expert. Avoiding spicy food is the best way to keep it under control.
According to Geeta Sidhu-Robb, raw food pioneer and creator of the Nosh Detox – a diet that helps in removing toxins from the body, one should avoid spicy food that causes such a problem.
She also shares other tips to reduce stomach acid, reports femalefirst.co.uk.
– Avoid peppermint tea.
– Losing weight provides a long term solution to stomach acid.
– Eat smaller and lighter meals regularly.
– Avoid eating late in the night, also sleep with your head in a raised position.
– Medications like aspirin and Ibuprofen make it worse.
– Avoid smoking as this makes the occurrence of acid reflux more likely.